[Jacob-list] taking pics

sbennett sbennett at teleport.com
Wed Jul 26 10:41:38 EDT 2000

Royal wrote:

>I am really enjoying the pictures.  I finally convinced myself to get
>either a digital camera or a scanner so I can do the same.  I am
>wondering what method/brands etc people have found to give a decent
>quality picture and provide versatility.

We bought a Kodak DC265, zoom camera last Fall. It's mid price range. We
were looking for best picture resolution for the buck. We have a Mac
computer and PhotoShop software (lots of good photo/printing type
software for Macs, I don't know about other PC's). For printing out
photos, we use a Hewlett Packard Deskjet 970 Cxi color printer with photo
quality paper. Its hard to tell the difference between what I can print
and the photos I had to run into town to pick up.

I love my digital camera and set up. It has made my life soo much easier.
I can go out in the field, zoom in, take the picture, PREVIEW THE PICTURE
on this little screen on the back of the camera, if its out of focus or
the lighting is bad, I can delete the picture and take another. The
camera holds a number of pics at one time (depending on how you set the
quality controls). When I'm done shooting, I bring it in, download the
pictures into the computer (frees up the camera to be used again). I can
crop and size at will. I can create Galleries of pictures (arrange photos
in files by groups or individuals). When someone bought a lamb from me
and wanted pictures of its parents (which I had on file), I just looked
them up, printed them out, and off they went.

Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre