[Jacob-list] Timothy hay.

Fibre Folds Farm fibrefolds at sg23.com
Sat Dec 30 12:11:24 EST 2000

You are probably fortunate your sheep would rather not deal with the
timothy.  The hay we use is from our farm and there is a lot of timothy in
most of our fields.   If there are any heads in the hay, they create a
nightware in the fleeces, often bursting and contaminating large areas.  The
last two years, our weather has not cooperated to get in hay without heads
and we are still experimenting to try to find the best way to feed to avoid
hay in the fleeces as much as possible.  All of the sheep look good so far,
but we are a long ways from shearing.

Nedra Esau
Fibre Folds Farm
Bath, NY