[Jacob-list] Timothy hay.

dave & katrina oberlef at desupernet.net
Sat Dec 30 09:57:11 EST 2000

Hi everyone-
I have been wondering why is it that sheep do not like Timothy hay?  At least in our flock, the sheep hardly touch it and I have always heard that Timothy is generally considered a horse grass. We happened to have a few bales here and have tried to sneak it in with the orchard grass just to use it up.  They hardly look at it.  Maybe take a few mouthfuls, but would prefer to go outside and dig thru the snow for dried up grass instead.  Is there some scientific reason that anyone knows of?  Just curious.
Katrina Lefever
Chicory Lane Farm
http://wwwfac.wmdc.edu/HTMLpages/Graduate/TI/pages/lefever/chicory.htm