[Jacob-list] Water Heaters

Pavel pavel314 at home.com
Wed Dec 27 14:58:01 EST 2000

>These animals can
> feel an electrical "tingle" that we cannot and on a sensitive nose it
> apparently isn't very pleasant.....there is absolutely no shock to me
> when I put my hand in the bucket of water.

Sue,

Does your heating unit have a three-prong grounded plug? If it's plugged
into a three-prong outlet which is properly grounded, any stray voltage
should be directed out that way.

If you're using a grounded connection, it's probably a defective unit.
Maybe you can get it replaced.

We use the floating water heaters for our sheep and horses and have
never had a problem. They cost about $25.

Paul Intihar
Rainbow Farm
Joppa, Maryland