[Jacob-list] identity crisis

SharHill at aol.com SharHill at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 18:28:59 EST 2000

Melody's story about the ewe who thinks she is a sheep reminded me of a funny
thing that happened on my Dad's small farm back in the 70's.  My Dad raised a
few cows, and one day he went back to check on them and found a small fawn
living there with them.  It evidently was born in the pasture and couldn't
jump the fence to follow her mother.  It hung out with the cows from then on.
 It seemed to think it was a cow.  It could run so much faster than them that
it would come up to the barn to see if my Dad was putting out their hay in
the evening.  Then she would disappear, and then come back with the cows
following behind her.  My parents named her Jane Doe.  She lived there for
about a year, until my Dad sold all his cows.  She hung around for a few
days, then figured they weren't coming back and she left.
We still have a picture of her around somewhere.

Sharon Hill