[Jacob-list] (no subject)

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Thu Dec 14 22:49:49 EST 2000

Mary, you mentioned your dog looking for fresh "sheep berries" - what is
it that makes them yummy to a dog?  That seems to be our dog's only vice
- she doesn't roll in dead, smelly things, she doesn't chase cars, she
stays on our property, she's obedient and loyal - but when she is in the
meadow you would think she just found the Doggie Delight Buffet!!!!  She
also loves to lick the sheep - and only a few of our sheep are willing
subjects - the old matriarch of our tiny, little flock loves to have the
dog lick her face - so much so she almost goes into a trance - eyes half
closed, knees bent - and the dog thoroughly scrubs her face, licks her
eyes, her ears, and then moves back to  her neck, burrows into the fleece
and licks away.  This same ewe, by the way, is our jumpiest sheep and is
the worrywort of the bunch - always fearing the worst and watching for
trouble -- but she loves doggie kisses.  Go figure!!!!

Sue Martin
Stonecroft
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.