[Jacob-list] "Stuck in Lodi again"

Anderson, Gary B. GBAnderson at UCDavis.Edu
Sun Dec 10 14:22:55 EST 2000

in Lodi, CA, several people have sent messages asking where Lodi is located.
It's approximately 25 miles south of Sacramento in California's Central
Valley.  Lodi is located approximately a 2-hour drive from San Francisco to
the west and from Lake Tahoe to the East, a 3-hour drive from Yosemite
National Park to the south, and a 2-hour drive from the Napa Valley wine
region.  Local vineyards and wineries have been established recently in the
Lodi area; in fact, the Browns (hosts for the 2001 Annual Meeting) have
vineyards on their restored, historical, gold-rush era home.

Summers in the Central Valley are hot and dry during the day and cooler in
the evening. The June 9 meeting should sneak in before the hot weather.  The
forecast is for a warm, dry day and a cool evening.

The most recent JSBA Newsletter contained an invitation to the meeting from
the hosts.  The next Newsletter will contain details on the meeting and
accommodations.  We will attempt to reach interested Jacob sheep breeders
who are not JSBA members.