[Jacob-list] (no subject)

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Fri Dec 8 16:05:44 EST 2000

Regarding lamb chops - do those of you who regularly enjoy eating lamb
find that a sheep fed only grass/hay tastes differently than one whose
diet is supplemented with grain?  Which taste is preferable - grain fed
or grass/hay fed?  We love venison - and some of you have stated your
lamb tastes like venison -- and that has not been the case for us.
However, we have eaten venison from areas where the deer would have had
alot of access to corn fields (much to the farmer's dismay!!!) and from
moutainous areas where there is less agriculture - although I suppose
deer would then eat alot of acorns, etc., so I suppose venison could vary
in flavor.    My family has found lamb so disgusting that even though I
haven't served lamb for several yrs. my 18 year old daughter still asks
before she eats whether it is lamb - this might be an insurmountable
obstacle but I'm still trying!!!!
Sue Martin
Stonecroft
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!