[Jacob-list] (no subject)

MView16 at aol.com MView16 at aol.com
Sun Dec 3 19:26:21 EST 2000

Hi Melanie,

I don't think you should be terrified!  If you have the cows tested with whom
you wish to place your bull, and all those cows turn out to be negative for
the diseases that would imperil your bull, you can feel pretty safe if the
environment is a controlled one.  If the farmer wants your bull and is sure
of the health of his cows, he/she will cooperate and pay for the testing and
agree to your terms.  The farmer will only be more sure that your animal is
valuable one.  Your nice young bull won't be worth anything if he comes up
with a contagious disease, so caution would definitely pay.

I showed horses for years, and they couldn't put their pretty noses in any
stables without proper testing.  I was glad of those tests because they
protected my animals.  I know we can never be completely safe in this life,
but I like to do what I can to protect those who count on me.

Jeanne Massey
Marsh View Farm