[Jacob-list] Fw: wormer resistance

Linda Bjarkman wolfpen at rabun.net
Mon Aug 28 20:33:18 EDT 2000

Cindy and all

I'm slow replying to emails this week as my hard drive died on Friday.  Windows 98 is quite amazing to me as it actually told me that "your hard drive is about to crap out - save what you can."  Not quite in those words.   PS - this was not from the KAK worm.

Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear about your ewe lamb.  It is always hard to lose one and your ewe lambs really looked nice to me.

Wormer resistance varies from region to region.  It is really important to check with your vet, your extension agent, your local fellow shepherds - whoever.  In this area, some wormers just don't work although they may be great for other areas. There are alot of sheep and goats moving cross country and we may be bringing in parasites resistant to our wormers.  We may also be bringing in parasites that are new to our areas.