[Jacob-list] Federal payment program

Mark and Cathie Williams williams at jacobsheep.com
Fri Aug 25 16:30:00 EDT 2000

If any of you haven't checked out the Lamb Meat Adjustment Assistance
Program, it's worth looking at.  This is USDA program, administered by the
Farm Services Agency, that subsidizes $100 per ram purchased between July
'99 and Sept '00 and will also pay for 20% of the cost of facility
improvements.  While it is geared towards commercial meat producers, our FSA
office says that the year 1 funds can be requested by any sheep producer who
purchases rams that cost more than $100 or does any facility improvements.

Check it out at http://www.fsa.usda.gov/dafp/psd/LMAAP.html

Mark Williams
Swallow Lane Farm & Fiberworks
http://www.jacobsheep.com
(where, coincidentally, we have a number of ram lambs for sale right now)