[Jacob-list] ram behavior

edd bissell bissell at usit.net
Thu Aug 24 09:19:27 EDT 2000

It has been my observation that it is 90% genetics and 10% the way they are brought up.  I have had VERY aggressive rams that are human shy and therefore cause no problems.  I have had very nice, petable rams that pose no problems for years and then suddenly turn one day and frail hell out of you.  My adivce is to keep the rams at bay - I NEVER touch, pet, scratch or anyway mess with any rams in any way - unless I am moving them or medicating them.  It has never posed a problem with raising them this way at our place. This does not mean to let them associate with you during feeding - but at a distance.

-------

Edd Bissell

-------