[Jacob-list] Bottle Jaw]

Wayne & Edie Van Valkenburg joyew at jnlk.com
Wed Aug 23 19:34:20 EDT 2000

Bottle Jaw is a condition of a swollen bulge that appears under the jaw
filled with edema fluid. It is produced by the immune system fighting the
attack of worm overload. The worm most identified with bottle jaw is
strongiles. In the Delmarva area,(Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey,)
they are resistant to Ivermec. To check for worms take a stool sample to the
Vets. also check for bright pink/red color on mucous membrane. Wayne