[Jacob-list] jacob rams

D&K OBERLEF oberlef at desupernet.net
Tue Aug 15 08:09:02 EDT 2000

Mark and Cathie-
I can't believe I am thinking of any more purchases this year, but am seriously considering the ram lamb Ashton. I was not completely convinced of the match of the rams we have with our ewes. Could you give me more details?  We live Hanover PA and could possibly make the trip to West Va if things worked out although we do have some tentative plans over that weekend.  Could you give me an estimate on traveling/interstate  expenses for his purchase?  Also any more details about the lamb would be helpful.  Your site is so helpful already...thanks for all the effort you put into it.  I have gotten a lot of pleasure from it already.

I am looking for a darker, mostly unfreckled ram that holds his color.  I really like the older look but find it hard to find unfreckled sheep among the more primitive sheep.  (I do not 'hate' freckles, just want a little of both. smile)

So... here is my questions...
*Do you think there is a chance of his horns slipping forward?  They look so straight on the picture...I know it is difficult to know with Jacobs.  Do you see it as a possibility?

*Do his parents tend to twin? (was he a twin?)  Again I know not only genetics plays a role here but thought I would ask.
*What color are his hooves...striped?

*What would you label his weaknesses?  I love that question and hope you don't mind it...weakness are always different in everyone's eyes but I always think it helps get a full picture of the boy.

He looks beautiful... and his lines would be somewhat new for our flock.  Very exciting if it works out.
Good luck arranging the rest of your sales.
Thanks for the info.
Katrina Lefever