[Jacob-list] sunbleaching and Jacobs

Russ and Nancy Johnston djspin at vtc.net
Fri Apr 28 22:38:59 EDT 2000

My twins ewes are only half Jacob, so please take that into account. We live
in Southeastern Arizona where the sun is very strong and hot. My girls have
different fleece characteristics, even though they're twins. Neither has
sunbleached as strongly as other breeds around here. The one has sunbleached
just barely on her black (the coarser fleece, but not coarse) and the other
has sunbleached just a little more on her black--but more of a deep brown
barely tipping the black. I have been surprised that there has been so
little sunbleaching. They're getting sheared tomorrow. Yeah! Some beautiful
spinning material for my wheels.Nancy