[Jacob-list] Wool differences between primitive and imports

shepherd iseespots at email.msn.com
Fri Apr 28 12:28:26 EDT 2000

Hi,

There is a possibility of being able to look at the fleece and the color
reported by the owner in the Research Project.  I was thinking about this
aspect of the study this morning driving around looking for hog panels
(doing a demo for ALBC down here this weekend and need a small pen).

Many people are submitting fleece samples bagged in Ziploc bags.  I have to
ship a few off to Yocum-McCollum and see if they are adequate.  Some
participants have done fleece checks themselves and have sent the results
along.  My problem will be that Y-McC will charge me $5.00/sample done, and
that comes directly out of my own family's bank account----I have already
forked over the copy money, purchased the MS Small Business Office software
and the MS ACCESS 2000 and am putting the data together out of this same
resource and my hubby is going to split a gasket if he hears of several
hundred dollars expenditure to learn more about these sheep!

What I was contemplating and know nothing about is whether there would be a
possibility of turning the project into some sort of non-profit corporation
to which tax deductible donations could be made for the express purpose of
paying for these samples.  If there are any listers with information
regarding this possibility and the requirements for such, it would be good
to learn at the least.

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, Shetland Sheep,
and German Angora Rabbits, colored German Angora crosses.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.