[Jacob-list] wide horns

WenlochFrm at aol.com WenlochFrm at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 17:05:23 EDT 2000

In a message dated 4/27/00 4:00:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wolfpen at alltel.net writes:

>  You can go ahead and put these comments with this photo if you like.  The
>  photo of this
>  ram was taken in '92.  He has wide horns that will never require trimming.
>  He also has a
>  "mane" around his neck which I thought was a primitive trait.  Perhaps Edd
>  can verify
>  this.

Now it's personal. I would recognize Sir Lancelot anywhere. He is buried here
on my farm and it was a sorry day when I lost him, but he left behind some
beautiful sons and daughters. As Mary said, he was very primitive with mane
and guard hair running down the back, but did not pass that characteristic on
while he was here. His beautiful wide hornset and gorgeous head were passed
on to all his get along with his excellent body conformation. We all have our
own tastes, but to me he was an ideal Jacob, and I really miss the old boy.

Joan Franklin