[Jacob-list] Contest

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Wed Apr 26 10:53:33 EDT 2000

I had an idea for a contest that I have presented to Mary Ellen Hansson since she is an accomplished handknitter.  She thought it would be a good idea, so we decided to see what everyone else thinks.  Spin-Off magazine had a Save the Sheep Contest a few months ago to promote awareness of rare breeds of sheep.  I would like to see a similar contest using only Jacob fleeces, open to anyone who wants to enter.  A small ad could be placed in Spin-Off magazine, and winning entries could be featured in the JSC Journal and JSBA newsletters (and maybe even Spin-Off).  There would need to be an entry fee, guidelines, and deadline established.   Mary Ellen has agreed to be one of the judges.  I know there are many more talented fiber artists out there who could help with some ideas.  Mary Ellen had the idea to have flyers made up for the MD. Sheep & Wool Festival, which is coming up soon.  I think it would be a good way to promote fleece sales and awareness of the Jacob breed.  Any other thoughts?

                                                                        Mary Spahr