[Jacob-list] About us

Wayne & Edie Van Valkenburg joyew at jnlk.com
Tue Apr 25 11:37:15 EDT 2000

Hi Everybody,
for those that are new in Jacob, Wayne and I have been breed Jacob since 1984 and it is a total love affair.  They are so unigue and to us the perfect breed for a small farm.  We love the diversity of color and type.  Right now we have 35 ewes, 3 rams and about 40 lambs.We have watched that breed associations develop from the earliest beginnings when we were listed with the AMBC conservancy.  I  am a spinner and new weaver and prefer the Jacob fleece to anyother.  Needless to say in breeding, the quality of the fleece is very much a consideration.  We also raise a small Spinning flock of borderLeicesters and Corriedale B/L crosses.  And to keep with the uniqueness , we raise colored angora goats.  They are almost as much fun as the Jacob.
Because the days are getting shorter or perhaps our bodies are moving slower,(nah) we will be drastically reducing our stock to a small nucleus.
We are in the process of taking pictures and will have some stock available and pictures at Md.  We will be showing a few and please come and visit us at our booth, Barn 3, booth 9.  We will be delighted to talk Jacob.
Edie & Wayne Van Valkenburg, Joy Farm, N. J. where 4 horn Jacob lambs frolic