[Jacob-list] etc

Royal D. Unzicker runzicker at erols.com
Sun Apr 23 08:51:29 EDT 2000

Hi Fellow Breeders,
Glad to hear how others of you can find more white or black to conform
to the 15-85% range.  It's amazing how much white I can find if I really
like a very dark Jacob!  :-)  For me personally, the overall
value/Jacob traits of a particular animal are more important than a
little too much/too little color. If one of mine doesn't get passed I
tell myself that, as a buyer, I'd be glad someone is keeping an eye on
breed standards. That keeps my blood pressure lower!.
George, I had heard of the grid idea but never tried it.  I'm going to
take a stab at it.  I will first use my usual eyeball method and then do
the grid and see how close they are. Do you take into consideration the
belly?  That always gets alot of white.
I am really enjoying the pictures.  I finally convinced myself to get
either a digital camera or a scanner so I can do the same.  I am
wondering what method/brands etc people have found to give a decent
quality picture and provide versatility.
Thanks,
Royal