[Jacob-list] Ram's horn lost

Hauser Family mysticknoll at coupeville.net
Wed Apr 19 22:21:31 EDT 2000

Hi Barbara,
I hope you got a response to your question.  At this young age, I would
not worry at all.  You can put "Quick Stop" powder or the like to slow
down the bleeding if it's still actively bleeding.  The horn WILL
regrow.  It'll just be missing that baby tip, but that's not a big deal
at all.  Flystrike isn't usually a problem in our area (Washington) at
this time of year.  I think the bump you see is the horn core.  New horn
will form around it.  It will be sore for a while, though.  Horn loss in
a 2 month old lamb is no biggie.  It's a real biggie in a two YEAR old.
:-)

So, how are things going for you all?  Are you enjoying your new ram?
Sincerely
Amy Hauser