[Jacob-list] Re: Ewe behavior

gmjohnston at scoteq.co.uk gmjohnston at scoteq.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 03:37:47 EDT 2000

*                     Scottish Equitable plc                        *
*      Registered Office: Edinburgh Park, Edinburgh EH12 9SE.       *
*           Regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.         *
*         A member of the Scottish Equitable Marketing Group.       *

I watched with amazement this week when my oldest ewe, roused by frantic
bleating of a lamb on the wrong side of the fence, patiently walked the lamb up
to the gap and saw it off back to its own mother before she plodded back to her
own lamb.  Don't often see altruism in sheep...... Or maybe she just wanted
some peace and quiet.

Gordon.

jacob-list-admin at jacobsheep.com on 18-04-2000 18:17:13