[Jacob-list] Ewe Lamb Diagnosis?

Pavel pavel314 at home.com
Sun Apr 16 21:44:43 EDT 2000

Phebe is worried about one of our Jacob ewe lambs. She's 2 months old,
growing well, and active. The lambs were turned out of the maternity
ward two weeks ago and have been on pasture grass, hay, and grain ever
since. They're still nursing occasionally, also.

Yesterday, when Phebe fed the sheep, this lamb just lay in the corner
and watched everyone else eat. Usually, she's in with the rest of the
crowd, trying to get her share at the trough. Today, she came in to eat,
but we noticed that she is walking with her head held high and her neck
slightly arched, like a dressage horse or a chess-board knight.

We gave her some LA-200 and a wormer drench, just to be safe.

I thought that maybe she ate a sour weed or sprained her neck butting
with the other lambs. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Paul Intihar
Rainbow Farm
Joppa, Maryland