[Jacob-list] Inspector Games

Edd Bissell bissell at usit.net
Sat Apr 15 17:42:12 EDT 2000

>The issue is further clouded, to me, by the fact that I was lead to believe
that there was a significant possibility that since this was a purely
aesthetic rejection, his progeny would be allowed to be registered.  Then,
without a single fact changing, there was a unanimous decision NOT to permit
any of his progeny to be registered through JSBA.  This was all done without
an on-site inspection, without further discussions with me, without ANYTHING
changing.
>========

Can they not be registered as foundation stock??  As I remember if they are
Jacob, out of Jacob then the can be registered.  Or maybe after something
has been failed they cannot.  But maybe that is just the ram lambs that are
disqualified..

I cannot speak for the two registrations now but way back when the process
was developed to eliminate more on the ram side than the ewe side.
Hopefully people would be VERY selective on the rams that they did or tried
to register.  The ewes were given a whole lot more tolerance.

I do not know who all are on the registrars for the JSBA now - I know two of
them very well.  Luther and Ingrid and suppose surely there are others that
I know.  I do not feel that any of them are or would intentionally be out to
get anyone - and probably the process is open to personal interpretation on
certain thing - with so many different thing to look at i.e.coloration,
percentages, overall look and horns - everything has to be considered. I
have seen Jacobs come thru the sales that were horrible to me - am sure that
they could and did pass inspection but WHY anyone would want to register
something that is not at least very close to perfection these days with
soooooooo many nice rams out there is beyond me.

Again horns are important to this breed - I tried to open the picture but
for some reason could not - but I did read Mary's comments.  I do not think
that the breeders want just 4 horns - many good breeders are into the two
horns.  I do nto personally like them BUT that is just me.  But, again, when
you keep, buy, think of, or try to register a 4 horned ram THINK OF ONLY
BEST.  Horns as so inhertable - I have seen it over and over and over.  The
only time that I can see taking a chance is when it maybe the last of a line
- i.e. a Lesseau ram - etc.

====

      Edd Bissell = Hidden View Farm = Rare and Primitive Breed Animals
Scottish Blackface=Jacob=Barbados=Texas Dall=Navajo-Churro=Churro Hairsheep
     ====Tennessee Nervous Meat Goats =  = Great Pyrenees LGDs=====
                  = bissell at usit.net = 423-475-4844 =
         1435 Collins Road - New Market, Tennessee U.S.A. 37820