[Jacob-list] JSBA Inspector Games

wolfpen wolfpen at alltel.net
Sat Apr 15 07:56:34 EDT 2000

Thom -

There are just a few things I'd like to throw in here right now.  Depending on my mood, I may add more later.

First - Ingrid did not fail your ram all by herself.  Mail-in inspections require that two (three in the case of a disagreement between the first two) inspectors look your application over.  An appeal will require the approval of a majority of all the inspectors.

Second - I read and have already responded to my JSBA director on the article you reference.  I do not see the vicious attack.  I see a difference of opinion - not some personal vendetta.  Perhaps there are things going on behind the scenes that I am not aware of or perhaps it is my own refusal to take this personally that clouds my judgement.

Third - I believe that Mark once said there were almost 200 members on this list (?).  Not that many ever post.  So you have no way of knowing who is out there reading your posts.

You have brought up some points that I feel may need to be addressed.  If the interpretation of the standards are drastically changing without membership approval I would find that upsetting.  If a ram that passed two years ago would not pass now, and there have been no changes in the standard, I would find that upsetting. (And I am not saying that either of those things is happening.)  I prefer to face problems and issues head on and perhaps this thread will enlighten some and make some of us think.  It will NOT make me think that I will be later penalized for questioning the "system" or even for disagreeing with that system.