[Jacob-list] re:horns

wolfpen wolfpen at alltel.net
Fri Apr 14 09:30:12 EDT 2000

Hi Shelly,

The horns on ewe lambs grow much slower.  The only horns on a ewe lamb that I've had be apparent at birth were on a two horned.  She's the only two horned ewe I've had born here, so I don't know if that's the norm on two horned.  Usually I can feel the top horns on a four horned ewe at about a week.  The two week old ewe lamb I have now has laterals that I can just now feel.  Rams are almost always obvious at birth.  So, don't fret about your ewe lamb!