[ARGUS] Argus 5.0 on FreeBSD 14

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jan 11 13:49:16 EST 2024

Hey Mike,
I was happy with the 1 choice, and realized if you install dbus on FreeBSD, you can generate /var/lib/dbus/machine-id, which gave a reasonable 2 choices, but a third ?  ;o)

On my machine /etc/hostid and /etc/machine-id are the same values, but hostid has the traditional UUID format … argus doesn’t care about the format so either work fine …

Is /etc/hostid better than /etc/machine-id ???  Seems that the kernel install for FreeBSD now generates /etc/machine-id, but that seems to be a recent phenomenon  ???

Carter