[ARGUS] Argus error in packet size and bytes

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue May 31 09:28:37 EDT 2022

Hey Sehan,
There are a few questions to go through …

What version are you using ?  … the current version is 3.0.8.4, be sure and get the latest software releases from https://github.com/openargus <https://github.com/openargus>
How are you running argus ?
How are you running ra ? …

in your earlier off-list emails, you sent a screenshot where the pkts and bytes fields had no values  … this is normally an argus / client version mismatch problem or you processed the .argus file and stripped the metrics dsr out of the records … getting the latest code should help.  The INT you see is the value for ’state’ field.  To see that the fields are blank, you can print as a CSV …
   % ra -r loic.argus -c ,

Have you processed the files with other ra* commands ???  That could account for the missing metrics values ...

If it is a complete mystery, then if you can share the pcap file that generates the error, I can take a look ...

Carter