Argus clients crash due to use of deprecated POSIX::tmpnam in Perl code

ksiar3372016 at feit.ukim.edu.mk ksiar3372016 at feit.ukim.edu.mk
Thu May 26 14:04:46 EDT 2022

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Chris, and I am a student at the Faculty of Electrical
Engineering and information technologies (FEEIT) Skopje. I am writing
my
bachelor thesis on Argus and how you can do statistical analysis of IP
streams with it. I am writing to you about a bug/problem I have
encountered when i try to use the "ragraph,rahosts,radecode".  Some of
the Argus clients in the argus-clients package crash due to the use of
the deprecated POSIX::tmpnam function in the Perl code. An exampleof
the
error is:

# ragraph
Unimplemented: POSIX::tmpnam(): use File::Temp instead at
/usr/bin/ragraph line 40.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure and start argus
2. run the command "rahosts"
3. OR run the command "radecode"
4. OR run the command "ragraph"
Actual Results:

# ragraph
Unimplemented: POSIX::tmpnam(): use File::Temp instead at
/usr/bin/ragraph line 40.

I have tried everything, and I cannot fix the problem. Could you please
help me out so I can run ragraph. I promise i will send you a zoom link
when i publicly defend it .

Kind Regards,
Chris.