[ARGUS] Argus flows to Kafka

Phillip Deneault deneaulp at bc.edu
Wed Sep 11 14:39:19 EDT 2019

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM Carter Bullard <carter at qosient.com> wrote:

> If you’re interested, lets see if we can’t get something developed in a
> reasonable bit of time.  Have radium.1 be a Kafka stream processor, since
> its our argus stream processor.  So if you want to write to Kafka, use
> radium … if you want to read Kafka, use radium and then all the apps that
> want to get data get if from radium ???

I think it would be really great if radium produced flows to Kafka.  There
are others who would also be interested in using something like that.
I'm not sure how much utility there would be in the use case to consume
data from Kafka into ra* tools, but you are more tapped into the
flow-based-ecosystem and your own customers than I am.  Personally, I've
found the ra* tools efficient with the rate of record creation in Argus.
The only thing Kafka might buy you is robustness in case of disruption of
network traffic between control points.

Thanks,
Phil