Argus Client RATOP issue

Carter Bullard via Argus-info argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jun 13 11:34:22 EDT 2016

Hey Carl,
ratop.1 is a curses based program that uses the ncurses and readline libraries.  there is a possibility that when you configured the argus-clients distribution, that ncurses or readline wasn’t found.  normally this would cause the makefiles to just not build ratop, but ratop.1 can run without an output terminal, so its possible that ratop was built, but wasn’t built the way you want.

So, first question, does ratop clear the screen ??  if not, you need to install ncurses and readline, rerun ./configure, and then build the distribution, looking specifically for "-lncurses -lreadline” in the compile line for ratop.

just as a check, if you cd to the ratop directory, what is the output of make ??

   % cd examples/ratop
   % make clean
   % make

Carter