Argus Client RATOP issue

Carl MaGill via Argus-info argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jun 13 10:59:00 EDT 2016

Dev Team,

My organization has a need for *ratop*.  However, it returns nothing when
invoked, not even an error message.

First, used tcpdump (no flags) to create a PCAP file then used Argus to
write to an out file.
I ran ra first with success.  I tired ratop next with zero results.

Second, used Argus (no flags) to create a file, ra worked ratop did not.
Also, tried racount, rahost etc with success.

Lastly, downloaded the example files from your site, repeated, ended up
with the same results.

I watched the video on your site and tried searching the interwebs for
clues, but was unable to locate anything that helped.

My System is CentOS 6.7 with Argus 3.0.8.1 and Argus-Clients 3.0.8.1

Thank You for your assistance

Carl