ragraph vs. Ubuntu 16.04 (probably a Perl issue)

Wim Biemolt via Argus-info argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 28 18:30:09 EDT 2016

Hi Carter,

On 21/07/2016 17:56, Carter Bullard wrote:

> I’m not up on any changes in rrd, but seems that they may have changed something ???  The debug information provides the command line used to run the rrd utilities against the rrd that we build. If we are building a good rrd, then its all about generating the right command line for rrdtool.
>
> We aren’t calling rrdtool directly, we’re using the perl RRDs package to call rrdtool. Any changes in the perl rrd interface recently ???

I'm simply not sure. I tried to reproduce the two examples from the manual.
* ragraph bytes -M 10s -r argus.data
* ragraph bytes dport -M 1m -r argus.data - port 22

Actually the first works without any problem. However the second
doesn't. They both generate a .rrdargs file. Which look quite similar.
Except one line

AREA:ralphaIn0#0101bc:TotBytes

versus

AREA:ralphaIn0#b0b0b0:  ssh          :

If I use the failing rrdargs file with the "rrdtool graph" command I
can produce a graph when using quotes, or removing the spaces. Does
this make any sense ? The error message seems pointing in the same
direction.

ERROR: Unused Arguments "" in command : AREA:ralphaIn0#b0b0b0:  ssh
    :

-Wim