ragraph vs. Ubuntu 16.04 (probably a Perl issue)

Jesper Skou Jensen via Argus-info argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jul 8 05:51:08 EDT 2016

Hi guys

I just upgraded my Argus box to Ubuntu 16.04 and now ragraph stopped working. As far as I can gather it's a perl related issue. I hope that you guys (Carter?) has an idea on how to fix it?

I had the "old" argus-clients-3.0.8 installed and have just tried to compile the newest 3.0.8.2 but it has the same issue.

root at server:~# /root/Argus/argus-clients-3.0.8.2/bin/ragraph spkts dpkts proto -M 1s -r x.ra -w x.ra.png
Calling POSIX::tmpnam() is deprecated at /root/Argus/argus-clients-3.0.8.2/bin/ragraph line 40.
ERROR: Unused Arguments "" in command : AREA:ralphaIn0#00f000:src udp    :

It looks like there are two issues.

The first tmpnam() is just a warning about it being deprecated. I guess mkstemp() is the new black?

The ERROR one is the one that breaks ragraph. :-(

It only happens on the "proto" option though, if I replace it with udp or tcp it works like a charm (with the tmpnam warning...)

Best regards
Jesper Skou Jensen