Recommended Netflow Configuration for Cisco IOS 15

Eric Pancer epancer at pobox.com
Fri Jul 10 09:01:07 EDT 2015

Greetings,

It's been a good bit of time since I've been on a Cisco device to
configure netflow and I see IOS15 has changed the command set. What's
the best recommend you folks have for enabling netflow on a late model
router so that they can be read by Argus? Is v9 supported fully yet or
should I stick with v5?

These commands are what I came up with:

!
flow exporter NETFLOW
description Hello Carter!
destination 10.1.1.25
export-protocol netflow-v5
ttl 15
!

Of course I'm still running into a few other issues with getting this
applied to an interface (including needing to have a valid flow
record), so any tips are appreciated.

Thanks,

- Eric