disable check for interface health

MING FU fuming188 at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 13 09:19:18 EDT 2015

Hi,

Argus checks the status of the interfaces it captures packet. If an interface is down or not exist, Argus will not read from it.
I use Argus to capture from some special device. The device's capture function is wrapped in the PCAP, however, the device is not a typical network interface device. It does not exist in ifconfig. I have to fool the argus to believe that the interface is OK by create a bridge interface and name it the same as the special device presented in PCAP. However, it would be nice have option to disable Argus interface checking code.

Thanks
Ming