Small configure issue with argus 3.0.8

Jesse Bowling jessebowling at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:13:33 EDT 2014

Hi Carter,

Yes I believe it’s the latest, at least it’s the latest version I pulled off of /dev...Looking at http://qosient.com/argus/downloads.shtml It looks like those links go to version 3.0.6 for some reason...

Also, this may be a false alarm...I now believe that previously I simply issued “./configure” and that was sufficient to find the library...Indeed, compiling with just a bare configure works and ldd shows the correct library in /usr/local/lib being used...I think I was thrown off by the configure message "checking for local pcap library... not found” making me think my library wasn’t found...But it was!

So, if I specify the library path, compilation fails on linking, if I specify both paths on the configure line, everything compiles...

Cheers,

Jesse