new clients-3.0.7.34 on the server

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jun 12 18:45:22 EDT 2014

Gentle people,
A new clients distribution has been posted to the developers
site.  This version fixes all reported netflow v[1,3,5,9] issues,
and there are a lot of tweaks to ratop() for performance and
function.

For those that use ratop(), I’ve modified the default behavior
to display the status line by default, and when reading files,
we defer writing the display, until all the input has been
read.  The status line provides lots of feedback, so you’re
not just looking at a blank screen waiting for something to
happen.  The primary benefit is that we are now deferring
queue sorting and color assignments until later.

I’ve made some changes to ratop()s commands list, to bring its
options in line with all the other programs.  In partiular,
ratop used “:F" to display and set the print fields.
This was counter to all the other programs that use “-s <fields>”.
ratop() was using the “:s” option to set the sort fields, which
did not have a commandline option in the other ra* programs.

So… I’ve added the ‘-P’ option as a commandline option for ra*
programs to set sort fields, which was an option in the .rarc file.

Now, the ratop commands that have changed are:
   ‘:F’ -> ‘:s’  To specify the displayed fields, use the ‘:s’ command
   ‘:s’ -> ‘:P’  To specify the sort fields, use the ‘:P’ command.

I will make changes to rasort.1, if this doesn’t create a huge
set of problems.

Hopefully this will not be a huge burden, and that all will see
that consistency can sometimes be used as an excuse for change ;O)

Please give this version a run.

I will be uploading the 3.0.8 release candidates tomorrow.  I still
have some windows/cygwin issues, hopefully they will be resolved
before we’re done.