Files for dates in the past and future when starting radium collection of netflow data

Jesse Bowling jessebowling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:59:59 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a radium client listening on port 9995 collecting netflow records from a remote source (v5). When I attach an rasplit client configured to split on 5 minute files, I get files for dates ranging from April 26th to July 15th (from a test run this morning).

I’m curious what the issue might be, any help?

$ egrep -v '^#|^[ \t]*$' /etc/radium.conf
RADIUM_DAEMON="yes"
RADIUM_MONITOR_ID=<snip>
RADIUM_MAR_STATUS_INTERVAL=60
RADIUM_CISCONETFLOW_PORT=9995
RADIUM_ACCESS_PORT=561
RADIUM_BIND_IP=127.0.0.1

Started with:

radium -f /etc/radium.conf
/usr/local/bin/rasplit -M time 5m -w /srv/argus/%Y/%m/%d/argus.%Y.%m.%d.%H.%M.%S -d -S 127.0.0.1

I also made a tcpdump of the startup process, Carter, in case that would be useful. Please let me know where to upload it if it would be handy.

Cheers,

Jesse