Argus 3.0.8 Debian packages postinst error

John Gerth gerth at graphics.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 22 13:54:05 EDT 2014

Dear 7j21g9+ouka5g

Hmmmm....this looks like my fault as I provided the experimental debian packaging code for 3.0.8 and
I developed it all using Ubuntu packaging which is not pure Debian and although I don't get the
error you do, I think I see where it is.

In packaging up the /etc/init.d startup scripts, I used the argus script as the model for both
radium and rasplit and forgot to change the "Provides:" line in the header so they are also
claiming to provide argus.   I'm puzzled why Ubuntu doesn't complain about this, but I am not
an expert by any means in the Debian lineage so it's not surprising.

If the above is correct, then you could trying changing the "Provides:" line
in  pkg/ubuntu/init.d/radium and rasplit to the corresponding names
and then rebuild the clients package

John Gerth      gerth at graphics.stanford.edu