Argus 3.0.8 Debian packages postinst error

7j21g9+ouka5g at guerrillamail.com 7j21g9+ouka5g at guerrillamail.com
Fri Aug 22 13:21:01 EDT 2014

I am using Debian 7.6 on amd64 and am trying to install my newly built packages for Argus Server and Clients. I installed the various build tools and pre-reqs:

# apt-get install build-essential fakeroot dpkg-dev devscripts remake libncurses5-dev dpatch libreadline-dev libmysqlclient-dev libgeoip-dev libpcre3-dev
# apt-get build-dep argus

I downloaded and unpacked both the latest tars:
http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-3.0.8.tar.gz
http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-clients-3.0.8.tar.gz

In each directory, I created the packages:
$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b

The Server seemed to be OK, but then with the client...

# dpkg -i argus-clients_3.0.8-1ppa1_amd64.deb

Which resulted in:
Selecting previously unselected package argus.
(Reading database ... 39188 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking argus (from argus_3.0.8-1ppa1_amd64.deb) ...
Selecting previously unselected package argus-clients.
Unpacking argus-clients (from argus-clients_3.0.8-1ppa1_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up argus (3.0.8-1ppa1) ...
argus[5565]: 22 Aug 14 17:48:34.935772 started
Setting up argus-clients (3.0.8-1ppa1) ...
insserv: script radium: service argus already provided!
insserv: exiting now!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: error processing argus-clients (--install):
Processing triggers for man-db ...
 argus-clients
root at dev:/home/sysadmin#

I have looked at the argus-clients' debian/postinst script and I don't know what is wrong.

Any idea where I have gone wrong?

Thanks...

----
Sent using GuerrillaMail.com