How to add a compare field to Argus server??

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Aug 19 17:35:39 EDT 2014

Hey Duc Le,
If they are specific packet dynamics thresholds then you’ll
have to hack up argus to do it.  If you want me to do it,
describe what it is, and we’ll look to put it in argus-3.0.10.

If on the other hand its thresholds that we have filters for,
you could implement it using ralabel.1 using a ralabel.conf file.
This is of course using the newer argus-clients-3.0.8 code base:
   http://qosient.com/argus/dev/argus-clients-latest.tar.gz

Get the sample ralabel.conf file.  You will want to use the
RALABEL_ARGUS_FLOW filtering system, where you use fall through
argus filter strategies to specify a label for your argus data.

RALABEL_ARGUS_FLOW=yes
RALABEL_ARGUS_FLOW_FILE=/path/to/your/argus.flow.label.txt

—— /path/to/your/argus.flow.label.txt ——

filter=“rate gt 1000”  label=“rate greater than 1000 packets per second”
filter=“src co LI”     label=“from the good people in Liechtenstein"

These end up embedded in the flow records as “ label “, which is
where we store the argus metadata tags.
Print them out later using ra …

   ra -r file -s +label:32

Does that get close ???