Do you know how to read a pcap file continuously?

David Edelman dedelman at iname.com
Wed Sep 18 20:19:21 EDT 2013

I've been following this thread for a bit and I still don't understand why
you would have argus read the pcap files. It is possible to run argus in
parallel with a packet capture tool against the same packet source.

Are the packet captures being run on one set of systems and the pcap files
being written to another system? If so, I would investigate running argus on
the collector systems and radium -> rastream on the central system. If the
packet capture is already running on the system where the files are being
stored, then this solution is simpler then reading the pcap files.

--Dave