Anonymization of argus flow data

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Sep 3 08:00:02 EDT 2013

Hmmmm,
There shouldn't be any performance issues with anonymizing a file, if your just
anonymizing the IP addresses.  How many addresses are in the file?
What does your ranonymize.conf file look like?   How much memory is it using?

ranonymize() can be a little complex O(nLogN + C), but it should be
in the same time frame as racount().  How long does it take for racount()
to read the file?

Just a rule of thumb. If a ra* program doesn't complete in a few minutes, you
should stop it and try to figure out if there is a memory problem or not.

Carter