Building Argus on Android...

Jim Gargani jgargani at comcast.net
Wed Mar 27 19:10:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm working on a personal project to try and build Argus on Android Jelly
Bean 4.2.2 using the Android NDK.  I have a couple of items that I'd like to
understand better:

#1 - Argus build:
a.      Is there a less full-featured "lite" build of Argus I could use to
initially port to Android Linux (ARM or Intel Atom)?  Or is the easiest path
to use the full source build?
b.      Is there any reason a static link of "libpcap" would be a problem
over a dynamic link?

#2 - Role of "bison" and "flex" in building Argus:
a.      How are these tools used in Argus?
b.      Are they required for building alone or runtime?  Or both?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jim.