Hardware specs?

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Wed Mar 6 20:23:49 EST 2013

Hi Jim,

That's exactly right. Are you running on a 1G link? Any idea how many pps?

For 1G links you can get away with some pretty cheap hardware. A dell
2950 or similar should fit the bill.

I've run argus on fairly saturated 1G links with 4G of ram, a Intel
card, and a raid 5 with 72G disks.

If you decide to use the packet capture features of argus then
requirements will vary.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Harry