accepting data that is pushed with ARGUS_OUTPUT_STREAM

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Mar 1 08:15:01 EST 2013

Hey Ignas,
All clients can read the udp data.  This should work on your example
   ra -S argus-udp://1.1.1.1:561

So if B and C are configured to transmit to the same host and port, the ra() should see all the data.  Make sure that B and C have unique argus source IDs in their argus.conf file.

We normally recommend a pull model, where your collector 'A' would connect to B and C to collect the data, using TCP.  Lots of reasons for this strategy, but the UDP support is there to be used, so go for it !!

If you have any problems, do send email !!!!!

Carter