Argus conversion v2 to v3?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jun 25 12:29:40 EDT 2013

Hey unFrigidaire Américain,
I could not read the file using argus-clients-2.0.6.fixes.1 ra().
The first record says its from argus-v1.33, is that reasonable?
Can you upload you're original file?

Wow, its been so long since I used v2 !!!!!
Indeed, it is 'startime', and our ltime was 'lasttime'.  All the
other fields are correct.

Set variables in a rarc file to print your fields and to generate csv files.

---- begin /tmp/rarc ----

RA_FIELD_DELIMITER=','
RA_FIELD_SPECIFIER="startime dur ind proto saddr sport dir daddr dport spkts dpkts sbytes dbytes status"

---- end /tmp/rarc ----

Then this should work.

  $ ./2.0.6/bin/ra -F /tmp/rarc -unnr argus.log > argus.ascii
  $ ./3.0.6/bin/raconvert -r argus.ascii

Carter