argus max connection

CS Lee geek00l at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 02:37:08 EDT 2013

hi Carter,

Alright after boxing with bivio, now I realize why argus(bivio
1)->radium(bivio2) -> argus client is not working and why the timeout
happens.

argus(bivio 1) runs fine, but radium(bivio 2) becomes the culprit because
of how Bivio is designed. Bivio scales the process to multiple CPUs, and
because it has 12 cores, 12 instances of radium are racing to connect to
argus on bivio 1, and all these 12 instances of radium are getting same
copies of data from argus as all of them are hitting 100% CPU usage, and
because of that as well, argus can't serve anymore client, that's why I saw
the timeout problem. The other argus client can retrieve data when one of
radium released the connection again.

Radium is not suitable to run on Bivio because of how Bivio hardware is
designed, and that's very painful to know. Therefore even if I can change
argus to accept more than 12 instances of client, the issue lies in all the
radium instances in Bivio are capturing the same data and that makes things
worse because of duplication and intensive computing resource usage.

If anyone has more experience in running radium on Bivio, do let me know, I
have known some people who runs single instance of radium on mgt0, but then
what's the point of using Bivio if it is not for scaling purpose.

Cheers!