Renaming fields

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sat Feb 23 23:07:07 EST 2013

Hey Craig,
You may want to write the records into an argus archive file, and at the end of the time period run your racluster analytics, or run rabins(), connected to your real time data source,  to generate 5 min structured output, that was one of the tasks it was designed to do.

The analytics can change the names of the fields if you have to do that.  We have many perl examples that can do that type of conversion.  But a shell program can eat your first line of output and write whatever you want.  awk() is also very good at that.

Carter